How To Improve Your Home With Exterior House Painting
- Even the most meticulously-maintained homes require exterior cleaning. The best way to remove dirt, mould, and oxidised colours is to wash the entire structure with a mild detergent. After the soap has been applied, it is time to thoroughly pressure wash.
- Pressure washing – This is a great way to clean surfaces such as siding, cement bricks, bricks and eaves. Any paint or stain will stick better if everything is clean. It is important to not get too close to the deck and damage the wood. Before you start, be sure to close all doors and windows.
- Protection – It is essential that everything that doesn’t have paint on it be covered and protected. This includes windows, light fixtures and vehicles.
- Preparation – Although pressure washing and cleaning did a great job, there is still some preparation. This includes removing any paint that is still on the surface, filling cracks and holes, setting nails, and priming any wood or metal.
- Seal – All joints must be sealed with high-quality acrylic caulk to prevent water from getting into the siding and interior of the home.
- Primer – Loxon(r), a primer for conditioner by Master Painting & Maintenance, is a great product to use. It locks paint on and neutralises the pH to prevent premature fading. Loxon(r) is used when Master Painting & Maintenance has faded paint.
- Paint – Once all preparations are complete, it is time to apply Sherwin Williams’ high-quality, low-lustre sheen paint. Low lustre helps to reflect ultraviolet rays, which can prematurely fade colours. You want your paint job to last for many years and not fade.
- Guarantee – Please ask about a warranty when you have your exterior painted. Master Painting & Maintenance offers a three-year guarantee on quality workmanship.
Exterior Paint Colours For Houses
The colours you choose must match the overall design of your home. A Victorian may have more colours than other architectural styles. It’s best to stick with timeless designs and avoid making bold choices. Make sure that the paint complements the brick and stone in your house. Before you make a final decision on a colour, look at the roof to ensure that it matches your chosen palette.
These are the latest colour trends:
- Cool neutrals
- Greys are still very popular
- If you are going to sell, white with grey trim
Master Painting & Maintenance has beautiful examples of exterior colour . To find fresh ideas, you can take a walk through your neighbourhood. Also, Master Painting & Maintenance offers free consultations to customers who need assistance in choosing the right colour.
Master Painting & Maintenance has been proudly serving Australia for more than 20 years. We specialise in exterior house painting and offer a wide range of interior or exterior painting services. Call us at 1300451324 for a no-obligation, free painting estimate.